Thursday, November 22, 2007

Rub a dub dub. Thanks for the grub.

This Thanksgiving, I would like to give thanks to the following:

1. First and foremost, my family. My family is the best. We're small, and we don't have anyone else here in the States, but I've never felt like I lack anything because of it. I'm proud of them and they're proud of me.

3. Nudy. Without her, I would disintegrate.

4. Peter. Without him, I would be broke and on the streets because I wouldn't be able to afford my apartment. (And he is my small little family of mine in our small little home.)

2. My home friends. I have a small group of friends that have been with me for many years who I refer often as the family I chose. They've seen me for better and for very very worse and I am the luckiest person on earth to constantly have these people in my lives.

3. My college friends. My college friends often are the ones that understand me the most when I talk about my job, and about what I want to do in the future. We share the same philosophy because we came from the same great place. I'm especially thankful for Carmen, my eternal roommate, and Yvonne for indulging in my crazy quirks. And for constantly commenting on this blog. You're a great comrade, Yvonnesky.

3. My job. I bitch about my work sometimes, but I couldn't have been working at a better suited place for me. I can't believe that I've found a place where I immediately fit from the first week I was working there. I believe in what we do, and I believe in what our entire organization does for the community. It will be a year since I started there very soon, and I feel so grateful to be working with such quality people.

4. My health. I'm so much more conscious about my health since I've been dealing with people who are not as fortunate. I just hope that health care will be comprehensive enough when I need it in the future.

5. Coffee. It's my one drug, and I love it like Britney loves Cheetos.

6. Dark Chocolate. See above.

7. My MacBook and Internet. I'm addicted.

8. Facebook. I'm so addicted, it's actually a little unhealthy. But I'm nonetheless thankful for Mark Zuckerber for creating such a thing that allows me to enjoy the small joys in life like being poked and being superpoked.

9. You. Sure, you come after Facebook and coffee in the ranking, but they're incredibly high on my priority. But I'd like to thank you for reading this blog, and giving value to this small thing I have, and letting me say whatever I want.

So thank you. Thank you, dear void, and Happy Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

Mickie said...

YOU MISSED COBY!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Back at cha, kid. But reference #8, don't forget that it allows you to be poked by Shameless.