Saturday, September 08, 2007

You Are What You Eat


Name: You guys should know my name by now.

Occupation: Case Manager (basically kind of like a social worker) for the Little Tokyo Service Center, and Resident Service Coordinator at a subsidized senior apartment.

Borough: Currently Alhambra, but raised in South Pasadena. Made a brief cameo in Upland, CA and Madrid, Spain, and have my eyes on moving east or north.

Relationship status: Single-minded, single status. Free as can be.

What did you eat today?
Since it's still 7AM, and I've only eaten breakfast, I will recap yesterday's food:
Breakfast, which is by far my favorite meal of the day, was yogurt with strawberries, peanut butter and jelly sandwich on whole wheat bread, and black coffee.
I made it through lunch with some apples and a cup of tea.
Lunch was a tofu salad that I've been making for lunch every single day, and which I'm considering on retiring, and some brown rice.
Snacks include some free Fuji apples from my residents, grapes, cherry tomatoes, and some almonds. I luver dry roasted almonds.
And dinner was an aray of finger foods from Gelson's at the Not The Boss Mixer at the Avenue Q Opening night reception at the Ahmanson. YUUUMMM. Grilled vegetables, sushi, and brownie. WATCH AVENUE Q! Of course, it couldn't beat my first experience of the show on Broadway, but it was pretty good, despite the large theatre!

What do you never eat?
There is nothing I would never eat. But here are some things I would never choose to eat:
Flan, custard, or anything egg-y and sweet. Strawberry ice cream, or cheap vanilla ice cream. Milk chocolate. White chocolate (It's NOT CHOCOLATE!). Whole milk. Steak. Rice pudding (rice is not supposed to be sweet). Pudding in general. Mousse and souffles. Flavored sweetened coffee. Can you see that I don't really have a sweet tooth? And I don't like red meat very much.

Complete this sentence: In my refrigerator, you can always find:
A big tub of non-fat plain yogurt. Tofu. A bag of baby spinach. Peanut butter, and black berry jam.

What is your favorite kitchen item?
KNIFE. Watch out. And my green tea kettle. Two things I use most in the kitchen.

Where do you eat out most frequently?
I actually hate eating out consecutively, hence, I do not eat out much. BUT! If I had to, it would be Sushi Gen in Little Tokyo (sushi is literally the only reason I cannot be vegetarian), Pho places (I live in Alhambra, man!) and that's about it.

World ends tomorrow. What would you like for your last meal?
Whatever my mom cooks me with a big bowl of hot white rice. Really, her cooking is my favorite cuisine. My grandma's is a close second.

No comments: