Friday, September 21, 2007

Wedding Numero Uno, Down!


Remember when I had told you about my wedding marathon?

It has started with the ceremony of my co-worker.

I have to say, her wedding was the best wedding I have ever had the pleasure to attend. It was very local and organic (not just the food, but everything), complete with homemade guestbook made from Trader Joe's bag, and non-dairy cupcake centerpiece. I loved every minute of it, and it was very very indicative of what my co-worker was like. If I ever change my mind about marriage, that's the type of ceremony I would consider.

(Speaking of Trader Joe's, LA Magazine named Trader Joe's as one of the best places to meet someone and get a date here in the Southland. What do you say to that?)

Next, I have two weddings back-to-back in October. One will be at a park, and another in San Francisco. I'm pretty excited!

In other news, it's gotten suddenly cool in LA. I luuurrve it because I lurrve fall, but I'm very wary about it too, because the change was so sudden. The change only points to one natural disaster in my mind: earthquakes. They even say that this weather is very uncharacteristic of September in Los Angeles. I hate hearing about that kind of shit.

I do love fall. It makes me want Colin Firth movies and something cinnamon. And wear boots. I love boots. I currently own 4 pairs, and am looking for an authentic, no-frill pair of sturdy cowboy boots. It'll encourage me to stomp around the city without being stuck in cars. OH! Which brings me to what happened last Sunday, but that's another entry all in itself. Let me just say that I HATE CARS. If I didn't need it, I would gladly relinquish it. (Commuting 30 miles every other day makes it kind of tough, although I suppose I can actually work around it... something to look into.)

No comments: