Wednesday, August 31, 2011

If it makes me old, so be it.


I'm of the generation where laptops were not a normal accessory in a classroom. In undergrad, I never took notes on my laptop. In fact, not many people had laptops.

Now I'm in law school with a bunch of kids younger than me, and I am of a minority when it comes to the methods of note-taking.

I've taken minutes in meetings before on laptops, so it's not as if I don't know how to type out notes. BUT, I know in my gut that I would streamline listen to my professors if I were to do that, instead of taking in what my professors were saying and physically writing it down. Therefore, even it if dates me, I choose to take notes with my hand, my pen (very picky about my pens), and my top-wired notebook (also very picky about my notebooks).

If that makes me old(er), at least I'll be wiser doing it my own way.

No comments: