Monday, July 07, 2008

I thought it was a Cinderella moment..

I am just about 5 feet.  I'm normally short.  Just like everyone else in America, short, tall, thin, fat, finding perfect pants was something I thought only happened in Far Far Away Land.  I thought that it was a myth, like the unicorn, or the G spot. 

But 2 weeks ago, I found the perfect pair of jeans.  The waist was just wide enough, it wasn't too low rise, and not too high up, and most of all, most IMPORTANT of all, I DIDN'T HAVE TO HEM THE PANTS.  You don't understand.  This has literally never happened to me before in my entire life. 

I felt like Cinderella.  Finally!  Finally, I found a pair of jeans that I didn't have to fix anything in order for me to function daily.  

Then, the cream pie effect:  They were CAPRIS.

What kind of Amazonian woman wears these as capris??  Or am I just a Smurf in the real world?

WTF

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! Omg! The exact same thing happened to me!!! Except I was looking for capris and these stupid "capris" turned out to actually be shorts. Yeah, I dunno who'd wear their shorts that long ... *shrugs*

Anonymous said...

i'm not gonna lie-the same thing happened to me.

although i'm taller than you (not much-5'2"), i have such a ridiculously hard time finding pants. it makes me ANGRY. why can't pants manufacturers realize that not everyone is 6 feet tall. ugh.

one of my favorite pairs of pants right now are cropped jeans from madewell that just graze the top of my feet, in a good way. not in a floody way. I think they hit mid-calf on "normal people"

Anonymous said...

lol that is hilarious. but thats like me trying on your pants.

Anonymous said...

i love this story. let's figure out a cheese day, please.