Thursday, November 03, 2011

I wish I was smarter.

I know I'm not an idiot, but I wish I was smarter.

Sometimes, I get really frustrated about how persistently mediocre I am. My abilities are SO B-grade, that it's maddening. There are also days when I feel straight up incompetent, beyond anything resembling intelligence.

Today was one of those days.

I have never really been The Best at anything, so I'm pretty used to being around people who are better than me at something. Even if I'm used to it, though, once in a while it irritates me to no end that I am really not the best at ANYTHING. Not even the best. I'm not even good at what I really want to excel.

You hear these little motivational advices when you're younger. "Everyone is good at something." "You're special in your own way." These Marlo-Thomas-Free-To-Be-You type of teachings. I didn't necessarily grow up with those types of teachings all the time, but I thought I'd find something that I could really own as a skill set I could brag about. Instead, I'm finding myself feeling totally and utterly average.

Ugh. I need to snap out of this.

2 comments:

Bricol said...

...and if I say you're good at writing? it's O.K.? :)

qifei2012 said...

At times the direction to training is a challenging way, when you seek to start out and rehearse package and strong ingesting just by himself
Wholesale p90x workout. Groped regarding each day training, be careful nutrients and additionally in good health lifestyle change often is overshadowed by means of dullness as well as a life style likewise pre-occupied
Wholesale p90x. Simultaneously or other, nearly all women have obtained trouble starting as well as sticking to a workout or perhaps exercise routine p90x.
90 day workout