Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Doug Lemon

I don't latch on to TV shows too often, but when I do, I am like a parasite to the show. 

When I was younger, I identified with Doug Funnie from "Doug", and now in my adulthood, I identify with Liz Lemon from "30 Rock".  

Both are writers.  Both are less confident than the average.  Both are not Don Juans or Carmens, but have wild imaginations.  (Quail Man for Doug, and the TGS show for Liz Lemon.) 

Now, I am not a writer.  I can only dream to be as eloquent enough to even be considered as someone with perfect grammar.  But I see myself with the rest of the features.  I see myself as a hidden introvert with an imagination that makes me think that I am bound for great things, yet often find that those thoughts remain as imaginations. 

I'm at what people would call a crossroad, except in my case, I can't see the roads.  I'm just at a spot that looks like a baseball diamond, with no route in sight.  

There's a quote from 30 Rocks that describes how I feel right now. "How Sex and the City are we right now?  I'm Samantha, you're Charlotte, and you're the lady sitting at home who watches it!"  

It's ironic that I describe my situation with a TV show quote that describes how people relate to these shows.  I don't want to be Sex and the the City,  but I am definitely the lady sitting at home who watches it, and I think a lot of people are.  I am just sick of being that lady. 

In normal people terms, I guess I mean that I'm sick of being the person on the sidelines.  It makes better sense when I think in terms of TV shows, though, don't you think? 

Anyhoo, that's it for now. 

No comments: