Monday, April 14, 2008

The Old and the Young


I have been M.I.A. By I.A. I mean, In Action, in Vegas.

I went to my first ever bachelorette party this weekend in Vegas and realized that I really am not cut out for this any more. Here are reasons why:

Exhibit A: I don't gamble or drink that much.

Exhibit B: I have adapted my clients' lifestyle and wake up really early and fall asleep really early. Therefore, I fell asleep at the LOUD LOUD club at around 2:45am. There are pictures, but I shall spare you.

Exhibit C: Despite coming back to the hotel at around 4am, my internal alarm clock still went off at 8am, and I got up and read a book by the pool (I finished Eat, Pray, Love, Yvonne!).

Despite all of that, though, I had great fun. I spent time with girls I usually don't hang out with, and it was nice to get to know them. However, when one of the girls (who is actually a couple years older than me) said, "This weekend made me feel young again," I secretly felt the exact opposite. I can't even fathom how I managed to lead anything resembling a nightlife years ago. And in Spain! Oh Spain! I mean, I pulled all-nighters 3 nights in a row going to clubs in Spain!

I have no idea what happened. I've morphed into an elderly person.

Oh well. This weekend is the wedding! I shall be even more M.I.A., but hopefully you all will stick around until I come back.

3 comments:

Annie said...

It was a fabulous (and timely!) weekend for sure :) I remember the "young" comment...I was thinking, "I never did this when I was younger!" Ha ha :)

Simple and Divine said...

Have Fun at the wedding!!! And we'll be here when you 're ready for your return, no worries! :)

Anonymous said...

there's something about foreign cities that make me stay awake all night and feel young. an then there's something else about cities in the US that makes me want to stay in and cosy up in a blanket. the lives we have now have nothing on what we had in madrid and istanbul, kid.