This is an event that my former co-workers have formulated to benefit LTSC. Please feel free to send this around!
Run Lisa Run 2 (RLR2)
Can You Guess Her Finish Time?
Last year, Lisa Okamoto (a social worker at LTSC at the time) ran the L.A. Marathon for the first time in her life. She finished the circular 26+ mile course in a remarkable 4 hours, 20 minutes and 15 seconds. Within a matter of days before the race, she and her supporters were able to raise over $1,000 for the nonprofit agency, LTSC.
SUNDAY, MARCH 21 ~ LOS ANGELES MARATHON
Lisa is a New Yorker now, but she plans to fly back to L.A. to run in this year's marathon.
Despite the snowiest winter in New York history, Lisa has trained diligently since November, running in rain, sleet or snow. If you think knowing more about how she's trained will help you guess the winning time, browse http://lisa-speaks.blogspot.com/.
If you think your knowledge of this year's course, conditions, etc. will help you decide on Lisa's finish time, check out www.lamarathon.com/ to see the map of the one-way (downhill) course from Dodger Stadium to Santa Monica Pier, elevation changes, etc.
RUN LISA RUN! GUESS HER FINISH TIME JUST FOR FUN!
SUPPORT THE BEST NONPROFIT UNDER THE SUN! (that rhyme is pretty bad)
1. Guess the time (hour:minute:second) that Lisa will finish. (The official time is the "chip time," not the stopwatch time.)
2. Each guess costs $5.00 (USD).
3. Multiple entries are allowed (and encouraged with discounted costs): 5 guesses for $20; or 13 guess for $50; or 30 guesses for $100.
4. If Lisa's exact finish time is not chosen by anyone, the entry with the closest time without going over is the winner.
5. If, for any reason, Lisa does not start the race, the entry closest to 00:00:00 will be the winner.
6. If, for any reason, Lisa starts but does not finish the race, the entry with the slowest time will be the winner.
(Tak settles all disputes.)
Payout is 50/50
50% of the payout will be donated to LTSC. The other 50% of the payout will go to the person(s) with the winning entry. If there are multiple winning entries, the 50% payout will be equally split amongst everyone with winning entries.
Submission of Entry
1. Entries must be received by Tak Suzuki by no later than 5pm (PST) on Thursday, March 18.
2. Entries must be either emailed to RunLisaRun2@gmail.com or delivered to Tak Suzuki, Little Tokyo Service Center CDC, 231 East 3rd Street, Suite G106, Los Angeles, CA 90013. If the entry is emailed, please type "RLR2 Entry" in the subject line.
3. Each entry must specify the hour:minute:second (example: 4:20:15).
Submission of Payment
Payment must be mailed or delivered to Mike Murase, Little Tokyo Service Center CDC, 231 East 3rd Street, Suite G106, Los Angeles, CA 90013, by no later than 5pm (PST) on Thursday, March 18.
You can forward this other LTSC supporters and Lisa's friends.
Good luck to everyone. Be sure to cheer on Lisa!!!
- NOT AN OFFICIALLY SPONSORED OR ENDORSED ACTIVITY OF LTSC -